Saturday, February 9, 2013

T-minus 1 day till race day, and counting: Don't call me a wuss, but...

I am totally on the fence tonight - the more I speak to fellow running friends, the more I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. I am very, very much leaning towards not doing the "race" tomorrow and instead doing 21.1 kms from the Running Room in a week.

Don't call me a wuss, but after all the snow we got today (seriously, the snowbanks are taller than me!) and the fact that we're supposed to get more tomorrow, doing 13 laps in 50-kilometre winds just sounds like a recipe for an injury.

And I'd rather not take that gamble.

Still - we've all agreed that we'll get up early tomorrow morning and check in with each other.

Let's just say though - if I decide by some chance to run tomorrow, it will be a run - not a race.

Colour me confused - I guess this is one of the downsides to deciding to run a race in the middle of winter in Atlantic Canada!

Sleep well, runner friends. And if you decide to run tomorrow, good luck and stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment