Thursday, March 17, 2011

HRG Runner Profile: Julia Cochrane

Julie and I met a few years ago at an Editor's Association of Canada workshop. I don't quite remember how it happened, but somehow we discovered our mutual love for running. Funnily enough, we've never run together yet (but that might have something to do with Julie living in Wolfville) -- but we still share each other's running highs/woes every so often.

HRG: How long have you been running?JC: Almost 16 years.

HRG: How and why did you start?
JC: How? I don't know--I just did. Why? To get healthy and maybe lose some weight.

HRG: Favourite part of running?
JC: Swimming afterwards in the summer, the feeling of accomplishment in the winter.

HRG: Least favourite part of running?
JC: Getting going.

HRG: Favourite time of year/weather to run in?
JC: Summer, warm enough for a swim afterwards.

HRG: Favourite distance to run?
JC: 5 to 7 km.

HRG: Favourite route (training or race) to run?
JC: Anything involving Reservoir Park in Wolfville, especially in the summer (swimming!).

HRG: How do you keep motivated?
JC: Knowing I don't have to diet.

HRG: Tips or words of wisdom for new runners?
JC: Keep at it; it eventually becomes a habit.

HRG: Anything else you'd like to add?
JC: I don't run for races. I haven't been in a race for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment