Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cupcake Marathon!!!

HRG update: I just got an email from Jason, the Cupcake Marathon organizer, saying I missed the registration deadline. Boo! However, he says they are doing one in the fall, and he's also thinking of doing a pizza marathon. To all the Cupcake Marathoners completing their distances this week, good luck!

I just read about the sweetest, yummiest idea in running land: a cupcake marathon!!! I was trolling through some of my Twitter posts, when the word "cupcake" caught my eye. Then, "marathon"!

Say no more, the tweet had me hooked.

From the looks of it, blogger Cook Train Eat Race came up with the idea not long ago to come up with a virtual marathon during a set period of time where people can log their distances and qualify to win prizes, including cupcakes!!! Love it!

The rules are as follows:

Event Dates: March 14th through March 26th (you do not have to complete the mileage on ONE run but over the course of the two weeks)

Event Distances: 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) and Marathon (26.2 miles)…..you will need to select a distance when you submit your registration
Registration: Submit your name, distance, and location through the Contact Me form.
Proof of participation: We will require pictures of your Garmin, Polar, Nike+, Treadmill, etc showing the miles and the time.  We will also require that you submit a spreadsheet calculating your times (you will be emailed the spreadsheet after you submit your entry form)
Prize Determination: Will be based on random.org.  You cannot win more than one item.  Read post to determine what you are eligible for.
Pictures: We will require you to submit a photo with your bib that you can print by clicking on the picture below.


This is meant to be a fun way to get you active and moving in time for the spring racing season.  Depending on the success of this event there will be another Cupcake Marathon in the Fall.

**************************************************

So, I may have started a few days late, but given that I ran 56k in the last 10 days and I'm set to run another 24 before the end of the week, I think I can do it and find some kind of respectable time in those runs.

Thanks, cupcake friends! :)

~ HRG

No comments:

Post a Comment