Tuesday, November 12, 2013

NaNoBloPoMo (Nov 12): Today was a turtle kind of day...

Tonight's run after work was a toughie, probably because of yesterday's mountain climb and perhaps because I didn't hydrate enough. Suffice it to say, while I could usually easily manage a 1mile run in less than 30 minutes, that wasn't the case today. My calves were stiff and extremely painful, and even though I felt like I was keeping up a fairly decent pace, I soon slowed to a minute slower per kilometre than last week's Tuesday run.

I managed a very slow 4.6 kilometre run but it was a toughie, sprinkled with a few short walks to stretch things out.

At the end of the day I chalked it up to it just being one of those days where I feel like a turtle rather than a red wolf...


I'm not worried though - there will be other days, other runs!

~ HRG

No comments:

Post a Comment