Sunday, February 19, 2012

I've been tagged!

Thanks to Losetheshoes.net for tagging me in this meme. It's time for 11 random facts about me! Here are the rules ...

11 random things about me:
  1. I like dancing and singing in the rain while wearing rubber boots.
  2. I come from a line of strong, independent-minded women: my grandmother on my father's side was one of the first competitive rhythmic gymnasts in England, and one of the first cohorts of Girl Guides. My grandmother on my mother's side was a teacher in a one-room schoolhouse, which she heated by stoking an old flume stove. My mother left her small northern Quebec village at the age of 16 so she could make a better life for herself instead of becoming a nun.
  3. I spent a year in Holland with my family at the age of 7, where I learned to speak Dutch, jumped rope wearing wooden clogs and brought the neighbour our stale bread for his sheep, in return for candy.
  4. At most points in my life I have been trilingual - although never with the same third language, which has included Old English, Japanese, Spanish and Dutch. The other two languages have always been English and French (believe it or not, my maternal language was actually French).
  5. If I could, I`d do yoga every day.
  6. Growing up, I dreamt of becoming a ballerina or modern dancer. My other dream was to become a writer for National Geographic or at the very least write about nature. I`d say my current job comes pretty close to accomplishing that goal. As for the first one, I still love dancing any time I can, even if it isn`t on the big stage (see #1.).
  7. One of my favourite foods is fondue - can`t beat melted cheese! Then again, I love pretty much any cheese, which is why I could never be a vegan.
  8. My favourite books as a little girl were Anne of Green Gables, The Little Princess, The Wind in the Willows and any of the Nancy Drew series.
  9. I have often broken into laughing hysterics for minutes at a time - the belly-aching, tear-jerking, gasping kind of laugh - simply because of something silly.
  10. I love my husband because he brings out the child in me, gives me pep talks before a big race, makes me laugh like no one else can, believes in me and has a big, warm, loving heart.
  11. I have a love-hate relationship with running, but I love to run fast to good songs - the kind of run where you feel like you`re floating on air.
Losetheshoes` questions for me:

1) What is your favorite color?
Not fair - there are too many! I love earthy colours - burgundy, red, green, purple, brown...

2) Would you rather run up a hill or down a hill?
Downhill, skipping all the way and whirling my arms. But there`s no question that running up a hill during a race and knowing that your hill training has paid off is also a great feeling.

3) Would you rather make millions doing something you disliked or struggle at something yoou love?
The latter, for sure! I took a 15% pay cut from my last job for that very reason. I love my job, even if I know I`ll never make millions at it!

4) Would you rather workout with Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
Good question - they`re both really tough on their teams. To be honest, I`d love to have a chance to work out with either of them for even just an hour, to learn some of their tricks and tips and to mix up my workout regimen.

5) If you could be in one place in the world right now, where would it be?
In my house with my husband in Halifax, sharing a bottle of Blomidon Winery`s Seyval Blanc with some Foxhill Cheese House cumin gouda and a freshly baked baguette.

6) Would you rather downhill ski or water Ski?
Downhill ski - I`ve only ever waterskied first. Although if it was summer, I`d rather water ski.

7) If you could be drawn into one cartoon which one would it be?
The Simpsons, without a doubt - my husband constantly tells me how much I remind him of Lisa Simpson.

8) what child would you be off Willa Wonka and the Chocolate factory?
I have no idea!

9) Would you rather a dream truck or a Dream car?
Dream car (a silver convertible Porsche 911) - this is a generalization but I find that truck drivers (at least in Halifax) tend to be really aggressive and bad drivers.

10) If you could stay in shape without working out would you enjoy that?
No - working out is part of my life, and I love the feeling of accomplishment I get after a good workout. Gotta love those endorphins!

11) Would you rather be President of the biggest company in the world or start your own within its shadow?
The second. I have no delusions of grandeur and am happy living my life on my terms.

The rules for this meme

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in your tagger's post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blogs and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

My tags:

  1. Forever in Running Shoes
  2. Forty 4 Change
  3. I`m an adrenaline junkie
  4. Live Run Love Yoga
  5. Runner`s Rambles
  6. Runnergirl Training
  7. How to climb a volcano (and other fitness exploits)
  8. Mr. Durwin
  9. What Lies Within
  10. A life-changing journey
  11. With Bite
My questions for my taggees:
  1. What is your favourite colour?
  2. Would you rather run a short distance fast, or a long distance slow?
  3. Would you rather make millions doing something you disliked or struggle at something you love?
  4. Would you rather work out with Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
  5. If you could be in one place in the world right now, where would it be?
  6. Would you rather dance in the rain or run in the snow?
  7. If you could be drawn into one cartoon, which one would it be?
  8. What are your favourite books of all time?
  9. Beer, or wine?
  10. What are your favourite running shoes?
  11. Cat, or dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment